Shipping and Handling
We have over 25 years experience shipping cedar shingles and shakes to every corner of the globe. All shipments originate near Vancouver, British Columbia. The USA border is 30 minutes by truck and our local ocean ports are just 60 minutes away, a prime location to serve the world.
The USA is our biggest market. We know how it rolls and all destinations in the are easily served by truck. Orders vary in size from $200 of Fancy Butt shingles shipped via UPS Ground to three truckloads valued at over $150,000 for a huge new house in the country. Shipping and handing is the biggest part of our job. Our goal really is to give you the best service and save you money. In doing so, many options are carefully considered for every inquiry based on the following. We serve Hawaii and Alaska too! We look forward to hearing from you.
- size of the order
- type, size and weight of the order
- geographic location and services available
- type of delivery required, (i.e. commercial drop, job-site drop, residential curb-side drop)
- weather and time of year
- cost of different services
Shipping and handling to our Canadian friends entail the same considerations as shipments to the US. Please call on us for a prompt and economical freight quote based on your needs.
International Ocean Ports
Ocean freight really is one of our specialities. We ship 20ft and 40ft full container loads, (FCL) every week. We are really good at it!
Vancouver is the largest ocean port in Canada and the fourth largest in North America. Europe is well served with regular sailings via all water through the Panama Canal, with a 30-35 day journey. When transit time is important, containers can be shipped by rail to Montreal and then loaded on a vessel, reducing the entire voyage to 21-22 days. The services are excellent and very economical.
We can also offer LCL service, (less than container load) for smaller shipments. Your cedar shingles are palletized, protected and consolidated in containers for transport to your destination. Rates per M3 are higher than FCL, but it remains a good option.
We are also proud to offer, "door delivery" to inland destinations for FCL and LCL shipments. All options are considered on a case by case basis - so please ask how we can help.
Part of our job is to help you understand what is needed to import cedar shingles and shakes to your country. Along with offering full documentation services, we are experts at agricultural quarantine regulations, phytosanitary certification and container fumigation. There is a growing international need for a high level knowledge, diligence and experience in these areas. You want the cedar shake? Let us help you though the process. Love your roof.
Our main destinations include:
- CARIBBEAN - Kingston, Montego Bay, San Juan, Nassau, Kingstown, Bridgetown
- NORTH EUROPE - Antwerp, Rotterdam, Le Havre, Hamburg, Bremerhaven, Oslo, Gdynia
- UNITED KINGDOM - Tilbury, Liverpool, Grangemouth, Cork, Dublin
- MEDITERRANEAN - Fos, Genoa, Livorno, Valencia, Venice, Trieste
- AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND - Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, Sydney, Melbourne
- SOUTH PACIFIC - Fiji, Tahiti, Samoa, Vanuatu, New Caledonia
- ASIA PACIFIC - Tokyo, Hokkaido, Busan, Shanghai
- SOUTH EAST ASIA - Singapore, Bangkok, Vietnam, Kuala Lumpur
- AFRICA & INDIAN OCEAN - Durban, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Seychelles, Maldives
Yes! Those really are our shingles on this amazing resort in the Maldives, located in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Shipped in June, 2011.